The board and coaches are very excited for what the upcoming season will look like and become. A few notes for the upcoming year:
2022 Season Dates
- Pool times are still being verified, but we are hopeful to maintain a similar morning schedule.
- Season will end on June 25, 2022 with the SEISA Championship meet hosted at Greensburg High School.
- We will have 6 dual meets, one intra-squad time trial and one conference championship (weather permitting).
With the most recent updates, we will continue to follow any local and city guidelines based on where the meet is being held. Guidelines and protocols may change with limited notice.
- Last season, we began an opt-in procedure. Parents and/or athletes must sign-up to be entered into a meet. Sign-ups will be open once registrations are closed.
- Meets will be closed for opt-ins no less than 48 hours PRIOR to the meet.
- Swimmers will not be allowed to join meets late.
- No-show swimmers affect the entire meet, most importantly relays. Please ensure you plan meet-signups accordingly.
- Meets will always begin at 6:00pm, unless you have been informed otherwise. Home teams warm-up at 5:00pm, away teams will warm-up at 5:30pm. Please arrive no less than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled warm-up time. Athletes unable to meet the warm-up times should inform the coaching staff, or will be subject to removal from events or relays at the coach’s discretion.
- Athletes should arrive on deck with cap and goggles ready to enter the water at their designated warm-up time. To accommodate all athletes, coaches may decide to provide a shorter warm-up period to avoid lane crowding.
- All athletes should enter the pool feet first, until the coaching staff calls for starts or relay exchange work.
- 10 and under athletes should report to the Clerk of Course. The Clerk of Course will ensure these athletes are in the proper lanes and arrive to the blocks on time.
- ALL athletes are responsible for arriving to the clerk, or starting blocks on time.
- In dual meets, three athletes per team are allowed to be in “scoring positions.” All athletes have the opportunity to score, from any heat they are entered.
SEISA Rules Changes
SEISA has had a few rule and guidelines changes that are also important to know.
- After a board member and coach discussion at the summer meeting, coaches are being asked to not allow swimmers to wear tech suits at any competition and will be asked to only wear team suits for dual and championship meets. While this applied to a small chunk of BST, we will be enforcing this and ask all swimmers, particularly in the senior age groups, to leave these suits at home for the high school season.
- There are two new teams joining, and one team leaving the league. H2O has departed the league while South Dearborn and Southwestern have been added. This did not change the length of the season, as the teams opted for a 6-meet rotation, with every team sitting out on a dual meet with one team.
- Teams will be responsible for their own awards, e.g. Milan will no longer provide awards to BST swimmers only the labels for us to apply.
- Finally, medals are being replaced with ribbons for all competitors at the SEISA championship meet.
- Registrations are open. Please review the training groups and don’t be afraid to reach out to the coaching staff or a board member.
- Be sure to check back frequently on the website, Facebook or Instagram for the latest information.