SEISA boards and coaches met previously to discuss the upcoming 2021 summer season. As we move closer to the season start these are some of the items that we felt important to share with the community at-large.
2021 Season Dates
- Practice begins on June 1, 2021 at Batesville Memorial Pool. (See the training groups for practice schedule times)
- The Season Ends on June 26, 2021 with our Conference Championship at Madison Junior High School
- We will have six dual meets, one intra-squad time trial and one conference championship (weather permitting).
Due to the ongoing pandemic Batesville Swim Team and will follow these guidelines:
- BST will encourage Social Distancing, per the state and local recommendations.
- We will follow all guidelines for each individual school, pool or local jurisdictions.
- We will encourage masks when social distancing is not an option, but they will not be required unless state, local or facility guidelines dictate it.
These guidelines and protocols may change with limited notice. If you have questions, please direct them to the Coaches and/or Board Members.
- Beginning the 2021 season, meets will be OPT IN. Parents and/or athletes must sign-up to be entered into a meet.
- Meets will always begin at 6:00pm, unless you have been informed otherwise. Home teams will warm-up at 5:00pm while away teams will warm-up at 5:30pm. Please arrive no less than 15 minutes prior to warm-up time. Athletes unable to meet the warm-up times should inform the coaching staff, or will be subject to removal from events or relays at the coach’s discretion.
- Athletes should arrive to the deck with cap and goggles on ready to enter the water at their designated warm-up time. To accommodate all athletes, the coaches may decide to provide a shorter warm-up period to avoid lane crowding.
- All athletes should enter the pool feet first, until the coaching staff calls for starts or relay exchanges.
- 10 and under athletes should report to the Clerk of Course. The Clerk of Course will ensure these athletes are in the proper lanes and arrive to the blocks on time.
- Athletes in the 12U and older are responsible for paying attention to the meet flow to ensure they arrive to the blocks on time.
- Only 3 athletes (per team) are entered into “scoring position” per the SEISA Bylaws. All athletes will have the opportunity to swim and/or score in any event they are entered.
SEISA Rule Changes
- Mixed events (13-18 100’s and 6 and under Butterfly and Breaststroke) have been eliminated from the meet program
- No athletes will be set as an exhibition swimmer prior to the meet starting. However, only three athletes from each team will be permitted to score, per event.
- If you haven’t registered for the team, we highly recommend you do. If you have questions about the training groups please reach out to the coaching staff or a board member.
- Make sure you sync your calendar with our upcoming important dates, and let us know if you won’t be at a specific meet.
- Even though we’ll be having SIGN UPS for meets, it’s still important to communicate early with the coaching staff about missed dates so we can plan accordingly.
- Mark down June 30 for the team banquet and pool party.